Thursday 29 August 2013

Creative Coffee

Today I had a nostalgic lunch with a friend on our lunch break.  We went to a Thai restaurant near where our old work used to be in North Sydney. 

It was kind of sad being there.  I used to think the North Sydney office – at the top of a hill and a 10 minute walk from the shops – was in a bad location.  But by contrast, the new office is in the middle of a semi-industrial area, we’re in open plan, have no access to windows and barely any natural light. 

I think what makes it worse is that we didn’t have a choice: our old company was being wound up and all the operations transferred to a larger one.  We were lucky to be offered jobs.

But all that aside, I also took the opportunity today to get a snap of this cafe menu.  I hadn't been there in months, so I'm glad they still had it up.  It's a creative description of coffees that I just had to share: the Chocolate and Chocolate Hazelnut ones in particular.

Who knew chocolate had a soul?

I thought it was great that someone took a hum-drum task like writing a cafe menu and gave it a little creative flair.  Good on you, anonymous menu writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment