Sunday 29 September 2013

On to Number 2

Now that I am enlightened by Philip K. Dick's storytelling style, I'm moving onto fantasy in the form of #86 Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series.  Book one is called Furies of Calderon.  I haven't heard much about it ... apart from all the raving my friends have been doing over the series.


I have previously read Jim Butcher's Storm Front which was okay.  It's a kind of fantasy/hard boiled detective series which is apparently supposed to be amazing from the second book, Fool Moon, onwards.  I haven't got around to reading more from that series, known as the 'Dresden Files', despite my fiance frequently berating me over the issue.

Usually I like the fact that fantasy books come in multiples - it means the experience keeps going and going.  But for this Top 100 Challenge I'm a little less enthusiastic about it, looking at the long list.  So in terms of whether I'm going to read the whole 6 books in the series of Codex Alera, I'm going to wait and see how long it takes me to read the first one and whether I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment